Ultimaker Breakaway is perfectly formulated for use with your Ultimaker 3 3D printer!
Ultimaker Breakaway is a support material for multi-extrusion 3D printing. Breakaway support is quick to remove and does not need further post-processing for a smooth finish on your 3D print. Designed for a hassle-free 3D printing experience, Breakaway provides good adhesion to ABS, PLA, Nylon, CPE, or CPE+.
Reasons to choose Ultimaker Breakaway
- No sanding or waiting for your support material to dissolve. Simply print and break it away
- Ensures a smooth surface finish on your model
- Great results when combined with ABS, PLA, Nylon, CPE, or CPE+
- Long shelf life and less moisture sensitive compared to water-soluble support material, such as PVA
Ideal for use with build materials that are sensitive to water
Design freedom with more materials
Breakaway is compatible with ABS, PLA, Nylon, CPE, and CPE+, so it’s ideal for prototyping in the material you want.
Time and cost effective
Quicker to remove and more affordable than other support materials, Breakaway is also easy to store so stays usable for longer.
Leaves behind a smooth finish
Breakaway material has been developed to give reliable adhesion to your build material but peel away for a smooth finish.
Removing Breakaway support
Remove the majority of the inner support structure with a cutting plier.
Grab and peel the Breakaway support from the build material.
Remove the last traces with pliers or a tweezer.
Ultimaker Breakaway and Ultimaker 3
Ultimaker Breakaway saves you time when removing support material from your 3D print. No more waiting for PVA to dissolve, or rough surfaces from sanding away build material supports. Breakaway is fast to remove while ensuring a quality finish on your model.
(1) Only possible for small prints. Larger prints may show warping of the build material.
(2) Dual combinations with TPU 95A may result in stringing and blobs on the surface of the print.
The use of Breakaway in combination with PP is not supported, due to insufficient adhesion between these two materials, which will most likely result in print failure.
Note: To provide good adhesion and avoid warping the support interface density of Ultimaker Breakaway is reduced when printed in combination with ABS, CPE and CPE+. This may result in a less smooth bottom surface of build material than you get for Nylon and PLA.