3DXMAX ASA 3D Printing Filament by 3DXTECH
ASA (Acrylonitirle Styrene Acrylate) is great for outdoor applications due to its UV-resistance and the weatherable nature. 3DXMAX ASA's low-gloss matte finish makes it an ideal choice for technical applications. ASA also has exceptional mechanical and thermal properties, together with the UV-resistance, making it widely used in the Auto, Marine, and RV industries for things like mirror housings, cowl covers, radiator grills, and sensor housings.
Safety Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet
Listed on the Ultimaker Marketplace, 3DXMAX ASA is fully compatible with Ultimaker S5, Ultimaker S3 Extended and Ultimaker 2+ Connect. It is also compatible with the Lulzbot 3D printers that we carry.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder Temp: 235 - 255°C
- Bed Temp: 90-110°C, cool the bed down by about 10-20°C after the first couple of layers
- Bed Prep: 3DXTech Polyimide Tape, ABS / Acetone Slurry, or Hairspray on clean glass
- Enclosure: We recommend using a printer with an enclosure to help keep some heat in while printing with ASA
- Support: Works great with PVA.
- Drying Instructions: Maximum drying temperature 80°C, dry for 2-4 hours. Checkout our filament dryers here.