Ultimaker Polypropylene is perfectly formulated for use with your Ultimaker 3D printer!
The 3D printing experts at Ultimaker have created their very own line of materials designed for flawless printing on Ultimaker 3D printers. If you are looking for a material that is durable, tough, and offers exceptional fatigue resistance and low friction for your Ultimaker, this is it!
What is Polypropylene?
PP has high fatigue resistance and does not break when repeatedly bent. Clamps and living hinges can remain functional over the lifetime of the part. PP is widely used in end products. Create functional prototypes and print in the same material as the end product for the ultimate in prototyping. It features good layer bonding, and it is an excellent choice when the design requires transfer of light for aesthetic or other reasons.
Reasons to choose Ultimaker Polypropylene
Ultimaker PP is a good choice for printing low-friction end-use parts that have good fatigue resistance and toughness. When printing using one of Ultimaker's extensively tested Cura profiles for Ultimaker 2+ or Ultimaker 3, you get reliable results and a seamless 3D printing experience.
- Durable with high toughness and fatigue resistance (PP retains its shape after torsion, bending, and/or flexing)
- Low friction and smooth surfaces
- Good heat resistance (up to 105°C)
- Chemical resistance to a wide range of bases and acids, including industrial cleaning agents
- High electrical resistance makes it a good electrical insulator
- Very resistant to moisture
- Low density resulting in lightweight parts (high strength-to-weight ratio)
- Excellent layer bonding
- Adequate bed adhesion and low warping when using Advanced 3D Printing Kit stickers
- Recyclable, for low environmental impact
Recommended Print Settings
Ultimaker printers will have best results with native profile available from the latest version of Cura
Print Your Mind 3D is an authorized Canadian reseller for Ultimaker 3D printing products.
Ultimaker Polypropylene Filament - 2.85mm (0.5kg)
Awesome stuff, works great with our Ultimaker 2+ printers. Adhesion is great when used on top of tape, and keeping the front of the printer sealed with plastic to create warm environment during the entire print. Using a 0.6 mm nozzle and 0.3mm layer height. Make sure to adjust temp of nozzle and print bed as needed.