This kit does require assembly
A great option for schools, libraries, or businesses looking to help regulate the temperature and reduce drafts for improved print quality. It also has an added benefit of preventing curious hands from reaching into the printing area.
Included with the kit is an instruction shet, laser cut panels, pre-mounted door hinges, and fasteners. Please note that the printer must be purchased separately and is not included with this kit. Find Ultimaker 3D printers here.
- Lift off enclosure box on top.
- Hinged doors that attach easily to existing mounting points on front of printer.
- Built in a location for mounting a 40mm fan to vent air from the chamber. You would use this to manage fumes. Some designs use things like HEPA filters to reduce films for things like ABS, HEPA filters are not rated for the ultrafine particles (UFP) that people are concerned about with ABS. A better approach for managing these particles (aside from simply not using ABS) is to maintain a small pressure differential so that the enclosure is at a lower pressure than the room and particles do not flow out. You would then tie this exhaust into exhaust leaving the room. Don't want that feature? Simply tape over the holes.
- Branded and manufactured by Printed Solid
- No glue is required for assembly. However, acrylic can be readily solvent welded, so you can easily fix a piece if you break it.
- No drilling, cutting, or other modifications to the printer itself are required.