Printing organic shapes with no flat surface? Complex geometry where support removal is next to impossible? Tired of time-consuming cleanup on your mechanical parts? Try this water-soluble support filament from Polymaker and leave those design limitations behind. The PolyDissolve S1 filament pairs perfectly with the TAZ Dual Extruder v3 Tool Head, freeing you to focus solely on your design, instead of how to make it 3D printable.
Works with: LulzBot TAZ Dual Extruder
The preferred method of disposal for polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) support material is in the trash. The immersion of 3D printed objects into water containing support material will generate wastewater containing PVA. When PVA-based support material cannot be physically removed from the object, requiring that the object be immersed in water, it is suggested that you contact your local Sanitary Sewer (Wastewater) Authority to obtain the proper disposal method prior to discharging to the sewer.
While developing the LulzBot TAZ Dual Extruder v3 Tool Head, we tested numerous dedicated support filaments. PolyDissolve S1 emerged the favorite for the following reasons:
- Softens and dissolves in plain tap water, improved by regular replacement and agitation
- More reliable printing with a wider print temperature range 210°C-230°C
- Stronger adhesion to other printing materials
- Less prone to moisture absorption from the air
- Filament Diameter: 2.85 mm (0.11 inches)
- Amount of Filament: 750g (1.65 lbs)
- Filament Colors: Natural off-white
- Special Tool Head Requirements: Dual Extruder v3 Tool Head recommended
- Hot End Temperature Range: 210°C-230°C
- Print Surface: Applying a glue stick (such as Elmer's® brand) directly to the print surface before starting your LulzBot 3D printer is strongly recommended for increased printed object adhesion.
- PolyDissolve S1 filament ships vacuum sealed and mounted on a reel.
- Store your filament in an air tight container. The filament arrives in a resealable bag recommended for storage. The use of desiccant is encouraged as PolyDissolve S1 filament will absorb moisture from the air
Great product - works well with the Taz Duel Extruder v3. Service from Colin is superb as always !!
The PolyDissolve S1 support material is fantastic! It’s smooth and dissolved better than Ultimaker’s one. We may have to stick with this PolyDissolve S1.