Do you want to learn how doctors, vets, and researchers are using desktop 3D printers right here in Calgary? Then we have the perfect event for you!
On November 22 from 6:30-9:00 PM come join us as we host this special event in partnership with the University of Calgary.
This community outreach event features talks by 3D printing leaders at the University of Calgary. Clinical, veterinary and research 3D printing applications will be highlighted to 3D printing enthusiasts in the Calgary community. This event is a great opportunity for 3D printing enthusiasts to learn how 3D printing is used to help patients, how it is used as a teaching aide, and how it enables research.
There will also be opportunities for participants to tour the Live Cell Imaging Facility to see 3D printing applications in action.
6:30 pm Welcome by 3D Hubs Calgary Mayor Colin Pischke
6:45 pm Clinical Applications of 3D printing, Dr. Alex Chee, Clinical Assistant Professor
7:15 pm Veterinary Applications of 3D printing, Dr. Mark Ungrin, Assistant Professor
7:45 pm Research Applications of 3D printing, Live Cell Imaging Team:
Dr. Andrew Chojnacki, Imaging Specialist,
Dr. Rima Wazen, Imaging Specialist, and
Dr. Katarzyna Wojcik, Imaging Specialist
Please R.S.V.P. early as space is limited
Location & Directions:
The event is located at the Live Cell Imaging Facility at the Foothills Medical Centre in the Health Sciences Centre (HSC), room HS-2822. We suggest that when you arrive at the Foothills Medical Centre park in Lot P6 and then make your way through the Heritage Medical Research Building (HMRB) to the HSC building. See map and directions for download below.
Map of Foothills Capus - http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/assets/hospitals/maps/hf-maps-fmc-ca...
Directions to Live Cell Imaging Facility
Health Sciences Centre (HSC), Room 2822 - http://snyder.ucalgary.ca/imaging/files/imaging/directions-to-live-cell-...
1. From the Information Desk in the Heritage Building, follow the signs to the Health Sciences Centre.
2. The first landmark will be the Libin Theatre. Veer right at the Theatre.
3. Take your first left and on your left, you will walk past the Bookstore.
4. Once you see a white marble statue of Hippocrates, head towards the right and go through the doors to the left of the BACS Center.
5. Take the G (formerly C) elevator to the second floor.
6. Turn right as you exit the elevator and head towards the orange wall. You will see a sign stating “Calvin Phoebe Joan Snyder Institute for Chronic Diseases Resource Laboratories” to the right of the entrance.
It is a door with a glass inset next to a large window. The door is unlocked- push the door for entry (the
doorknob does not turn).